Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Still Here...Still Pregnant...




Well...at least, Saharh is still pregnant. I am still not pregnant. It has been several weeks since our last post so some of you may be wondering whats going on. Or you may have plenty to do in your own lives and perhaps occassionally allowed a short thought regarding our lack of posts. We of course wouldn't even think of judging you if you're one of those people that simply forgot about our blog and that we're expecting. Whichever of those classes of considerate/inconsiderate people you fall into... :) ...we're here to provide an update on the whirlwind of events that have taken place since our last post.

For those of you who have children, you may have heard of Braxton-Hicks contractions. I don't know who Braxton is and I certainly don't know why they'd put a slang term for redneck in the term, but those little events have caused quite a stir around here. We've spent around sixteen hours in Labor & Delivery because they gave us and the doctor a bit of a scare. We recently had our hospital tour and kind of smiled at each other when they said we were about to visit Labor & Delivery. Saharh and I were already pretty familiar with the area. The tour was very interesting though, and we're especially happy about the emphasis Brookwood is putting on skin to skin contact for the baby after he is born. We also took a class on natural child-birth. I thought I was going to be bored, after all it was three hours long, but I ended up taking three pages of notes. We're going to shoot for unmedicated. All things are subject to change of course but we're hoping for the best.

Saharh has just entered her third trimester and is...well...very pregnant. We've been gearing up for our son's arrival. For starters we purchased a new car for Saharh to be able to transport the little guy around town in style. We've also upgraded the kitchen from an appliance standpoint. There's also the small matter of actual baby furniture/equipment. We've re-arranged the furniture in the house about twenty-three times and still have a bunch of work to do before his arrival. Throughout all the scares and changes, God has been bringing Saharh and I closer to Him and each other.

It hasn't been very easy, especially on Saharh. She's still struggling with strong back and SI-joint pain. Sleep doesn't come easily either. She's staying busy around the house though because she becomes bored very easily. I've kept her from adding on a second wing to the house and tearing down the wall to make room for an in-door pool but I'm not sure if I can keep her from re-organizing her craft room. I cannot emphasize how proud I am of her and how she's taken this life-changing responsibility. She doesn't cease to amaze me.
All joking aside from my opening statement, thanks to all the support we continue to receive from friends and family. These are not easy times for a lot of people and its amazing how often you take time to check on us and clamor for more of my awesome blog posts...true story. :) Until the next post...and no, it won't be delayed until after the baby is born...bless God.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Saharh you look great! I know this time really gets tough and tiring, but the end is near and you've come so far already!! Can't wait to add another little man in our circle of friends :) Josh you can't give enough back, foot, head, nose (whatever aches) rubs at this point!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to see this pop up in Google Reader this evening - even though I've already seen that photo. :-) Love you guys! Stay healthy (both of you), get plenty of rest, and maybe hold off on the indoor pool... at least for a little while.

    ReplyDelete